Types of Parking at LAX
How to Choose the Best Parking Option for You
Parking Reservations at LAX
Insider Tips for Parking at LAX
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and the seventh-busiest airport in the world, serving millions of passengers each year. With such a high volume of visitors, finding a convenient and affordable parking spot at LAX can be a daunting task. However, with the right knowledge and tools, you can save time and money by choosing the best parking option for your needs. In this guide, we’ll provide you with the ultimate resource for parking at Airport LAX, including types of parking, how to choose the best option for you, parking reservations, insider tips, and more.
Types of Parking at Airport LAX
LAX offers several on-site parking options, including terminal parking, economy parking, and valet parking.
- Terminal parking is the most convenient option, as it’s located just steps away from the terminals. However, it’s also the most expensive option, with rates starting at $8 per hour and $40 per day.
- Economy parking is a more affordable option, with rates starting at $4 per hour and $12 per day. The lot is located a bit further from the terminals, but a complimentary shuttle is available to take you to and from the lot.
- Valet parking is the most expensive option, with rates starting at $12 per hour and $45 per day. The service is available at each terminal and includes curbside drop-off and pick-up.
- Off-site parking options near LAX are also available and offer a more affordable option for long-term parking. These options include parking garages, lots, and private parking options. Prices for off-site parking range from $8 to $20 per day, depending on the provider and amenities offered. These options typically offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport terminals.
How to Choose the Best Parking Option for You
When choosing a parking option, it’s important to consider several factors, such as proximity to the terminal, cost, security, and convenience. For example, if you’re in a hurry or carrying heavy luggage, terminal parking or valet parking might be the best option for you. However, if you’re on a budget, economy parking or off-site parking might be a more cost-effective option.
To determine the best parking option for you, consider the following questions
How long will you be parking?
How far from the terminal are you willing to park?
How much are you willing to pay?
What amenities are important to you (e.g., covered parking, shuttle service, security, etc.)?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you can compare the different parking options available and choose the one that best fits your needs.
Parking Reservations at LAX
If you want to ensure a parking spot at LAX, it’s recommended that you make a parking reservation ahead of time. This not only guarantees you a spot, but it also saves you time and money. There are several websites and apps that allow you to make parking reservations at LAX, such as ParkWhiz, SpotHero, and Way. These platforms allow you to compare prices and amenities, reserve your spot online, and receive a confirmation email with your parking details.
It’s important to note that some parking options at LAX, such as valet parking, require a reservation. Other parking options, such as economy parking, do not require a reservation, but it’s still recommended that you reserve a spot to avoid the risk of the lot being full.
Insider Tips for Parking at Airport LAX
Here are some insider tips for parking at Airport LAX:
- Consider using off-site parking. Off-site parking options can be more affordable than on-site parking, and they typically offer complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport terminals.
- Reserve your parking spot ahead of time. Making a reservation not only guarantees you a spot, but it can also save you money and time.
- Look for discount codes and coupons. Many parking providers offer discount codes and coupons that can save you money on parking fees. You can find these codes and coupons on their websites or through third-party websites.
- Arrive early. It’s always a good idea to arrive at the parking lot early to give yourself plenty of time to park and catch your shuttle to the terminal.
- Follow the parking lot rules. Be sure to follow the parking lot rules, such as speed limits and parking guidelines, to avoid any fines or towing.
- Take advantage of loyalty programs. Some parking providers offer loyalty programs that allow you to earn points or rewards for parking at their lots. These rewards can be used for future parking reservations or other perks.
- Use a GPS navigation system. LAX can be a busy and confusing airport, so using a GPS navigation system can help you find your way to the parking lot and back to the airport terminals.
Parking at LAX can be stressful and expensive, but with the right knowledge and tools, you can find the best parking option for your needs. Whether you choose on-site parking or off-site parking, be sure to consider factors such as proximity, cost, security, and convenience. Making a parking reservation ahead of time can save you time and money, and following insider tips such as arriving early, following the parking lot rules, and taking advantage of loyalty programs can make your parking experience even better. With this ultimate guide to parking at LAX, you’ll be well-equipped to navigate the parking options at one of the busiest airports in the world.
1. What is the cheapest parking option at LAX?
The cheapest parking option at LAX is usually off-site parking. There are several off-site parking providers that offer lower rates than on-site parking.
2. Is it safe to park off-site at LAX?
Yes, it is safe to park off-site at LAX. Most off-site parking providers have security measures in place such as cameras, lighting, and fencing to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
3. Can I reserve a parking spot at LAX online?
Yes, you can reserve a parking spot at LAX online. Most parking providers have online reservation systems that allow you to book your spot ahead of time.
4. How early should I arrive at the parking lot before my flight?
It’s recommended that you arrive at the parking lot at least 2-3 hours before your flight to allow enough time for parking and catching the shuttle to the terminal.
5. Is there shuttle service from off-site parking lots to the airport terminals?
Yes, most off-site parking providers offer shuttle service to and from the airport terminals. Some providers even offer 24-hour shuttle service.
6. Can I cancel my parking reservation at LAX?
Yes, most parking providers allow you to cancel your reservation, although some may have cancellation fees or restrictions.
7. Are there electric vehicle charging stations at LAX parking lots?
Yes, there are electric vehicle charging stations available at some LAX parking lots. You can check with the parking provider or LAX website for more information.
8. How do I pay for parking at LAX?
You can pay for parking at LAX with cash, credit card, or mobile payment options such as Apple Pay or Google Pay.
9. Is there a limit to how long I can park at LAX?
No, there is no limit to how long you can park at LAX. However, long-term parking rates may apply if you park for more than a certain number of days.
10. Can I park my oversized vehicle at LAX?
Yes, LAX has designated oversized vehicle parking areas. However, there may be size and height restrictions, so be sure to check with the parking provider or LAX website for more information.