Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is the fourth busiest airport in the United States, serving over 69 million passengers annually. With so many travelers passing through the airport, finding a good parking spot can be a challenging task. This guide will provide you with all the information you need to know about parking at DFW airport. From the types of parking available to rates, discounts, and reservations, we've got you covered.
Types of Parking at DFW Airport
DFW airport offers four types of parking: garage, terminal, express, and remote.
1. Garage parking is located directly next to the terminals and offers covered parking with convenient access to the airport.
2. The terminal parking option is also located close to the terminals and provides covered parking. The only difference is that it is not directly adjacent to the terminals.
3. Express parking is located farther away from the terminals but offers a lower price point. It's a great option if you're planning a shorter trip and don't mind taking a shuttle bus to and from the airport.
4. Remote parking is the most cost-effective option but requires the use of a shuttle bus to reach the terminals.
Pros and Cons of Each Parking Option
Garage and terminal parking offer convenience and security. You can park your vehicle and be at the terminal within minutes. The garage and terminal parking options offer covered parking, which can be an added benefit during extreme weather conditions.
The downside to garage and terminal parking is the cost. They are the most expensive parking options at DFW airport.
Express parking is an affordable option, but it is located farther from the terminals. You must take a shuttle bus to reach the airport.
The downside to express parking is that it is often crowded, and finding a parking spot can be challenging during peak travel times.
Remote parking is the most cost-effective parking option. However, it is the furthest parking option from the airport. You must take a shuttle bus to reach the terminals.
The downside to remote parking is that it can be time-consuming. If you have a lot of luggage or a tight schedule, this may not be the best option for you.
Parking Rates and Discounts
The cost of parking at DFW airport varies depending on the type of parking you choose. The current rates are:
- Garage Parking: $24 per day
- Terminal Parking: $24 per day
- Express Parking: $12 per day
- Remote Parking: $10 per day
DFW airport offers several discounts and promotions for frequent flyers, military personnel, and other groups. For example, members of the military receive a 15% discount on parking rates. There are also promotions available for long-term parking.
Tips for Finding the Best Deals on DFW Parking
Here are a few tips for finding the best deals on DFW parking:
- Reserve your parking spot in advance: Booking your parking spot in advance can save you money and ensure that you have a spot when you arrive.
- Compare rates: Before you book your parking spot, compare rates for each option. You may be able to find a better deal by booking a more affordable parking option.
- Look for discounts and promotions: Check DFW airport's website for discounts and promotions that may be available.
- Use a parking app: Parking apps like SpotHero and ParkWhiz can help you find the best parking deals at DFW airport.
DFW airport offers online parking reservations, which can be made up to 24 hours before your arrival. You can also make a reservation by calling the parking reservations office. By reserving your parking spot in advance, you can save money and ensure that you have a parking spot when you arrive.
Parking Tips and Tricks
Parking at DFW airport can be stressful, but there are some tips and tricks you can use to make the process smoother.
- Plan ahead: Before you leave for the airport, research your parking options and choose the one that best fits your needs and budget. If you're traveling during peak travel times, give yourself extra time to find parking and get to the terminal.
- Consider dropping off your passengers: If you're dropping off someone at the airport, consider using the terminal curbside drop-off zone. It's a quick and easy way to drop off your passengers without having to park.
- Use the Terminal Link shuttle: If you're parking in the remote lot or the express lot, use the Terminal Link shuttle to get to the terminal. The shuttle runs every 10 minutes and is free.
- Look for the green lights: In the garage and terminal parking lots, look for the green lights above the parking spaces. If the light is on, the space is available. If the light is off, the space is taken.
- Follow the signs: DFW airport has signs throughout the parking lots to guide you to the available parking spots. Follow the signs to avoid getting lost or driving in circles.
- Keep track of your parking spot: Take a picture of your parking spot or write it down to avoid forgetting where you parked. You can also use a parking app to help you find your car when you return.
- Be mindful of the rules: Follow the parking rules and regulations to avoid getting a ticket or having your car towed. Don't park in handicapped spots without a permit, and don't park in fire lanes or other no-parking zones.
DFW airport offers several parking options to fit your needs and budget. Whether you choose garage, terminal, express, or remote parking, there are pros and cons to each option. By planning ahead, comparing rates, and looking for discounts, you can find the best parking deal for your trip. Remember to follow the parking rules and regulations, keep track of your parking spot, and give yourself plenty of time to get to the terminal. Happy travels!
1. What is the most convenient parking option at DFW airport?
The most convenient parking option is the terminal parking, but it is also the most expensive.
2. Are there any discounts available for parking at DFW airport?
Yes, there are discounts available for pre-booking online, AAA members, military personnel, and other groups.
3. How much does it cost to park at DFW airport?
The cost of parking at DFW airport varies depending on the parking option you choose. Terminal parking costs $24 per day, while remote parking costs $10 per day.
4. Can I park my car at DFW airport for an extended period of time?
Yes, you can park your car at DFW airport for an extended period of time. However, the fees can add up quickly, so it's best to compare rates and look for discounts.
5. What happens if I forget where I parked my car at DFW airport?
If you forget where you parked your car, you can use a parking app or ask for assistance from the airport staff.
6. Are there any parking restrictions at DFW airport?
Yes, there are parking restrictions at DFW airport. It is illegal to park in handicapped spots without a permit, and it's also not allowed to park in fire lanes or other no-parking zones.
7. Can I drop off my passengers at the terminal curbside?
Yes, you can drop off your passengers at the terminal curbside. It's a quick and easy way to drop off your passengers without having to park.
8. How often does the Terminal Link shuttle run?
The Terminal Link shuttle runs every 10 minutes and is free.
9. Is it safe to park at DFW airport?
Yes, it is safe to park at DFW airport. The airport has security cameras and patrols to ensure the safety of parked vehicles.
10. Can I use a credit card to pay for parking at DFW airport?
Yes, you can use a credit card to pay for parking at DFW airport. The airport also accepts cash, debit cards, and prepaid parking vouchers.