Denver International Airport (DIA) is one of the busiest airports in the United States, serving millions of passengers each year. If you’re planning to fly out of DIA, finding a parking spot can be a challenge, especially during peak travel seasons. In this article, we’ll walk you through the different parking options at Denver Airport, their benefits and drawbacks, and provide tips on how to choose the best parking option for your needs.
Types of Parking Options at Airport Denver
There are four types of parking options at the airport Denver:
1. Short-term parking
2. Long-term parking
3. Economy parking
4. Valet parking
1. Short-term Parking
Short-term parking is ideal for passengers who are dropping off or picking up someone at the airport or those who are going on a short trip. The parking rates for short-term parking are higher than long-term and economy parking rates. Short-term parking is located closest to the terminals, making it a convenient option for those who want quick access to the airport.
2. Long-term Parking
Long-term parking is ideal for passengers who are going on a longer trip, typically for more than a few days. The parking rates for long-term parking are lower than short-term parking rates. Long-term parking is located a bit further from the terminal than short-term parking but is still within walking distance or accessible by a free shuttle bus.
3. Economy Parking
Economy parking is the cheapest option at Denver Airport, ideal for budget-conscious travelers. The parking rates for economy parking are the lowest among all parking options. However, it’s located further from the terminals than long-term parking and requires taking a free shuttle bus to reach the airport. Economy parking is a great option for travelers who are going on extended trips and don’t mind taking a shuttle.
4. Valet Parking
Valet parking is the most convenient parking option at Denver Airport, with valet attendants parking and retrieving your car for you. Valet parking is ideal for those who are willing to pay a premium for the convenience of not having to look for a parking spot or walk to the terminal. The valet parking area is located close to the terminal, making it easy to get to your flight quickly.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Each Parking Option
• The closest parking to the terminal, making it quick and easy to get to your flight.
• Ideal for those who are dropping off or picking up someone at the airport or going on a short trip.
• High parking rates compared to long-term and economy parking rates.
• Not ideal for extended trips.
• Lower parking rates than short-term parking rates.
• Located within walking distance or accessible by a free shuttle bus.
• Ideal for those going on longer trips.
• Further from the terminal than short-term parking.
• Lowest parking rates among all parking options.
• Ideal for budget-conscious travelers going on extended trips.
• Located furthest from the terminal among all parking options, requiring taking a shuttle bus to reach the airport.
• Most convenient parking option, with valet attendants parking and retrieving your car for you.
• Closest parking option to the terminal.
• Highest parking rates among all parking options.
• Not ideal for budget-conscious travelers.
Tips for Choosing the Best Parking Option
When choosing a parking option at Denver Airport, there are several factors to consider, including cost, proximity to the terminal, and security measures in place. Here are some tips to help you choose the best parking option for your needs:
Compare parking rates: Compare parking rates for short-term, long-term, economy, and valet parking to find the best option for your budget
Consider proximity to the terminal: If you’re looking for quick and easy access to the terminal, short-term or valet parking may be the best option. If you don’t mind taking a shuttle, long-term or economy parking may be a better choice.
Look for security measures: Make sure to choose a parking option that has security measures in place, such as surveillance cameras, well-lit parking areas, and regular patrols by security personnel.
Book your parking in advance: Booking your parking in advance can save you time and money. Many parking options offer discounts for advanced booking.
Check cancellation and modification policies: Make sure to check the cancellation and modification policies for your parking reservation. Some parking options may allow for free cancellation or modifications, while others may charge a fee.
How to Make a Parking Reservation at Denver Airport
Making a parking reservation at Denver Airport is easy and can be done online, by phone, or in-person. Here’s a breakdown of each option:
1. Online Booking Process: To make a parking reservation online, visit the Denver Airport website and select the parking option you want to book. Follow the prompts to enter your travel dates and personal information, and pay for your reservation.
2. Phone Booking Process: To make a parking reservation by phone, call the Denver Airport parking hotline and speak with a representative. Provide your travel dates and personal information, and pay for your reservation over the phone.
3. Walk-in Booking Process: If you don’t want to make a reservation in advance, you can still find parking at Denver Airport. Simply drive to the parking area and follow the signs to find an available spot. However, keep in mind that parking may be limited, especially during peak travel seasons.
Cancellation and Modification Policies
Cancellation and modification policies vary depending on the parking option you choose. Short-term parking reservations can typically be cancelled or modified for free, while long-term and economy parking reservations may have fees for cancellations or modifications. Valet parking reservations may require a minimum cancellation notice and may charge a fee for cancellations.
Choosing the right parking option at Denver Airport can make a big difference in the ease and convenience of your travel experience. Short-term parking is ideal for dropping off or picking up someone at the airport or going on a short trip, while long-term and economy parking are great for extended trips. Valet parking is the most convenient but also the most expensive option. By considering the proximity to the terminal, security measures in place, and parking rates, you can choose the best option for your needs. Remember to book your parking in advance and check the cancellation and modification policies to avoid any surprises. With this ultimate guide, you can park at Denver Airport with ease and enjoy a hassle-free travel experience.
1. What parking options are available at Denver Airport?
Denver Airport offers several parking options including short-term, long-term, economy, and valet parking.
2. How do I know which parking option is right for me?
Consider the length of your trip, your budget, and your proximity to the terminal when choosing a parking option.
3. Can I book my parking in advance?
Yes, you can book your parking in advance online, by phone, or in-person.
4. How much does parking at Denver Airport cost?
Parking rates vary depending on the parking option you choose and the length of your stay. Short-term parking starts at $5 per hour, while long-term parking starts at $24 per day.
5. Is there a shuttle service from the parking areas to the terminal?
Yes, there are shuttle services available from all parking areas to the terminal.
6. Are there any discounts for parking at Denver Airport?
Yes, discounts are available for frequent flyers, military personnel, and advance bookings. Check with the parking option you choose for details.
7. Can I park my oversized vehicle at Denver Airport?
Yes, there are oversized vehicle parking options available at Denver Airport. Make sure to check with the parking option you choose for details on size restrictions and rates.
8. Is parking at Denver Airport safe?
Yes, Denver Airport has security measures in place including surveillance cameras, well-lit parking areas, and regular patrols by security personnel.
9. Can I leave my car at the parking area for an extended period of time?
Yes, you can leave your car at the parking area for an extended period of time. Long-term and economy parking options are designed for extended stays.
10. What happens if I have a problem with my parking reservation?
If you have a problem with your parking reservation, contact the parking option you booked with for assistance. They will be able to help you with any issues you may have.